Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Framed Christmas Tree

In the December Noel Mignon kit there was some fun fabric that I put to use by making this fun framed tree.




NMhohohoframe6


NMhohohoframe7 I believe I got this frame from a former student one year.  It is so pretty but I never put it to use.  So I decided to do just that and create the little framed tree.


NMhohohoframe8 I cut a piece of felt to fit the size of the cardboard that was in the frame.  I adhered it with hot glue.


NMhohohoframe9 I then traced a triangle onto the fabric.  I made sure it would fit in the open window of the frame.  (You wont need the glass).


NMhohohoframe3 I then stitched it onto the felt with my sewing machine.


NMhohohoframe5

 I then cut a piece of fabric about 1.5 inches.  It will be folded in half to make a yo-yo flower that will be placed on the tree (with hot glue).


NMhohohoframe4
Just do a running stitching with enough thread at the end so that you can pull it through.


NMhohohoframe2
That's it -- I hot glued all of the flowers and the beads.  So easy and a cute gift!  




 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment